Pages

Wednesday, 8 July 2026

Wednesday 8th Wednesday - move along, nothing happening here...

 I bought kitchen towels that were about an inch too wide for our wall- mounted dispenser. 

No problem, I thought;


BB looked at my DIY fix, and walked to the shop for some new rolls. 'I'll keep these for the car or the shed' he said...

And that's about all I accomplished apart from lunch (sausages, home-made pasta salad, home-made coleslaw, tomatoes, cucumber, crisps and fruit) and supper (exactly the same all over again, except for the coleslaw).

Happy hot Wednesday!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It wouldn't have worked; the cut end was full of paper fluff 🤫

      Delete
  2. Well done for trying. Next time use the bread knife!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think a lot of folks had nice cold suppers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't even know kitchen roll came in different sizes. My kitchen holder is like a sticky up pole so just drop on and kitchen roll in the car, down in the corner by my chair - no holder needed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought a nifty pine wall-mounted dispenser for foil and paper towels about ?30?40? years ago. It's great, but only holds smaller rolls which can be a bit of a pain.

      Delete
  5. Kitchen roll must be one of the few things bigger than they used to be. Looking at my newly opened jar of marmalade I suspect a clear case of shrinkflation - less preserve for the same money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I daren't look at jar sizes for jam, number of biscuits in a packet etc these days. In olden days selling 'short wieght' for bread was severely punished, hence 'the baker's dozen', ie 13 bread rolls in the bag instead of 12, just to be safe!

      Delete
    2. RannedomThoughts9 July 2026 at 09:45

      Shortly after Covid, while doing the weekly shop, I was shocked to see that toilet rolls had nearly doubled in price but needs must. It was only when I got home and put my reading head on that I saw they were now double rolls. They don't fit in my toilet roll holder so they have to sit on top until they're a bit thinner.

      Delete
    3. Ah, yes, I've been caught by that one too!

      Delete
  6. Nice try, my hubby would have done the same, I hate waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, but he'll use them up, and I won't have to cut down the other three rolls.

      Delete
  7. I smiled at the kitchen rolls. Well done for trying!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've only done one roll... my husband has removed the rest! They do look rather tattered along one edge

      Delete
  8. Oh, that's a good idea, poor execution situation...my regular mode it seems. I love your fresh sounding meals. I'm enjoying fresh greens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chopping down paper towel roll sort of works.... fresh greens so welcome in hot weather

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. I suspect my husband finds me quite trying sometimes...

      Delete