This morning's ten minute journal:
.....
The solid roof panels for the extension are now in place. The plan is to add the glass ones next week, and I think delivery of the doors and windows will happen too. Possibly even fitting them.
Wiring the electric mechanism for opening the roof panels needs to happen at some point, but I guess that's further down the line once the electrician has installed everything. I'm a bit hazy about that.
Here's how it looks standing in one corner, looking towards the new kitchen door. There will be two glazed panels in the gap in the roof, but they have left a big space so that someone can get to the pesky pipe (starting at 7:45 on Monday!).
And here's how it looks from the other corner. I'm standing between the current kitchen door and the new kitchen door, looking towards the new patio.
There's a delay getting the big triangular piece of glass for the end wall.
The office; "I'm sorry, it's delayed until September. "
Me; "Do you mean the 1st or the 30th or somewhere in-between?"
The answer was inconclusive...
No hup! fitters today, (they did let me know) but it will be everyone cracking on (not literally, it is glass) next week.
...
Because of a regular zoom call on Thursdays between 8-9:30 pm, we've a whole load of great TV to look forward to over the weekend; Celebrity Masterchef, Ludwig and Professor T. After weeks of disappointing scheduling I rather pleased! I still haven't started watching Ann Droid yet, but it is getting excellent reviews so it's on my list.



The project is looking good!! Have a nice relaxing weekend.
ReplyDeleteI keep going out there and thinking about how I want to arrange the space. The garden is a total builders yard and mess of patio tubs at the moment, but I'm collecting lists of suitable plants for when we can start again.
DeleteLooking more and more like a house!
ReplyDeleteDisappointed with Celebrity Masterchef, it's a bit shouty. And what does celebrity mean when one has never herd of any of them?
I'd heard of Joe Pasqule, and loathed his comedy act and silly voice. It's lovely to see another, serious side of him. I am beginning to like him.
DeleteI think things should quieten down now that Jason Muhammad has been eliminated!
We started watching Ludwig but had to go back to the first series as we couldn't remember much about it - that's no hardship, I thoroughly enjoyed Ann Droid, though it has its moments of melancholy. Diane Morgan is brilliant and Sue Johnston is a perfect foil to her.
ReplyDeleteMy issue with Ludwig is that the volume levels vary so much... I was fiddling with the control a fair bit. Maybe I just need to clear my ears!
DeleteAnn Driod is a must watch for us, we loved it.
ReplyDeleteI've never cared much for Diane Morgan - apart from Motherland - but I enjoyed Ann Droid so much I binge-watched it. It's proper daft humour, just the right side of ridiculous.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to watching it soon...
DeleteWe were very disappointed with the second series of Professor T, but enjoyed Ludwig and The Chelsea Detective and the Marlow Murder Mysteries starts again on Friday. Xx
ReplyDeleteIt really is 'horses for courses', isn't it... we gave up on the Marlow Murders but loved Professor T!
DeleteI couldn't remember much about the first series of Ludwig so did a speedy rewatch to catch up.
ReplyDeleteAnn Droid doesn't appeal to me at all.
Hope next weeks glass moving /fitting and pipe shenanigans all go to plan.
I've enjoyed the trailer for Ann Droid, and reviews and recommendations have encouraged me to give it a go. I delayed because they were wearing such warm clothing and it was a heatwave here!
DeleteI hardly dare hope the pipe shenanigans will work...
You are getting closer. The sunshine will be brilliant through the glass.
ReplyDeleteYes, I got an idea of the effect today. Lovely 😍
Delete