Pages

▼

Saturday, 26 September 2026

Saturday 26th September - lists

 A friend was asking me about the 'rules' for drawing the 10-minute journals. 

'Rules' ?

Make them up as you go along, sez I! 

I picked up the idea of 10-minute journalling on substack here from someone called Adam Ming, so can follow that link to see how he does it.

Anyway, here's today's, and I noted the time I started and finished. 


I have a timetable for builders and trades coming in next week... I think that's the first time I've had such a thing!

We'll notice the difference when the back door in the kitchen and patio doors in the dining room are taken out. The space will be boarded up while the dusty work of lining the walls with ply, to take the weight of the kitchen cabinets, and then plasterboard and finally the plastering. It's only for a couple of weeks (I hope).
....

Some bloggers post their meal plans...
Here's what we had this week;


My writing seems to have become a scrawl...



12 comments:

  1. I try with the meal plans. I'm trying to save money - doesn't really seem to be working lol - but planning out meals helps with the whole - can't decide what's for tea, let's pick something up.
    I love the ten minute drawings. I think I'd just be staring at the paper for 10 minutes lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meal plan? Err, doesn't work that way for me! That list was written at the end of the week! Hence Sunday's meals being 'something out of the freezer'!
      ...
      I stare at the page for a couple of minutes and just start scribbling.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy the idea of your journal, but it is not for me :) I start the new year with plans on making a journal about my knitting, knitting plans, yarn I buy, and so on....How long does it last? Maybe one month.. he.he.he...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can only manage any kind of journal for as long as I am interested. that's maybe a couple of months, apart from a daily record of each day which I have been doing for nearly ten years now.

      Delete
  3. My meal plans are usually somewhat flexible.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try and make a list of what's in my grocery delivery and the use-by dates on the perishables. That's my meal plan!

      Delete
  4. I dont have meal plans now. I just look in the fridge and ponder. 'Oh look there's an egg, maybe I can do something.........'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our grocery delivery is all stashed away; now I'm looking at it and thinking 'what was I planning to cook with that?'

      Delete
  5. Our meal plans usually begin with crisis using up of leftovers.
    We also do crisis ironing, crisis gardening, crisis tidying (hidying) and so on......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your writing is far better than mine, and so is your diet!
    I love seeing your drawing journals - they are always so fresh and fun.

    ReplyDelete