Somehow I have gained a couple of stitches across a row in my current knitting again, and I am in the process of 'tinking'* a few rows, to avoid 'frogging'** which is what I ended up doing earlier this morning. Patience is an acquired skill and I surely am getting a lot of practice!
* if you spell 'knit' backwards you get 'tink' which means working backwards along the row, 'unknitting' every stitch
**'frogging' is when you abandon 'tinking' and just pull out the needles and 'rippit, rippit' back. Apparently that's what frogs say in USA instead of cro-ak in England. Helpful hint; have a needle several sizes smaller to hand to pick up those pesky little stitches. Your chances of success are instantly improved.
Which reminds me; I learned last night on Micheal Rosen's BBCsounds podcast 'the last word' about Scottish Gaelic that sheep say 'm-e-eh, me-e-eh' in Gaelic and Welsh, not 'Baa baa'. There you go. You can now speak Welsh, or Gaelic. But I doubt this will be a useful puece of information...
So, back to procrastination; I an doing everything except tinking, which is why you have got a blog post.
Ang's squares arrived yesterday afternoon, but before I started posting I made a pot of tea. I'm not quite as fussy as DS George Cross in the Tim Sullivan books, but I do like a things done a certain way if I'm at home (although I'm happy with what comes my way when I'm out!)
I prefer herbal teas in my glass teapot, with a glass cup, so I can admire the leaves (if I'm using loose leaf) and the colour. For ordinary tea I like a cup and saucer and loose leaf tea in my blue pot. Although I'm happy to use certain mugs for convenience. My current favourites are these blue and white ones.


Deepest sympathies. Last week I found that I had to tink a whole row as I forgot to change needle size just after an increase row, and allowing for the increase stitches was *interesting*. I'm looking forward to seeing your squares.
ReplyDeleteWhen I think about the noises I've heard sheep make, as opposed to the ones that are written down, I think the Welsh may have it right, though I could be biased lol. You share the most amazing information.
I love your tea station, and the tea rations tin looks like great fun.
The tea station was just for show! It's tidied away now.
DeleteThere's always something fascinating to listen to on BBCsounds when I'm away at silly o'clock in the morning
Arg. I tend to do a lot of frogging in my cross stitch too!
ReplyDeleteTink - love that phrase.
I've given up trying to convince myself I can ignore or bodge a really glaring fault these days and just get on with the frogging!
DeleteOne of the many reasons I don't do much handwork is because I hate undoing what I've done in order to fix a mistake.
ReplyDeleteI do have to work at restraining my frustration...
Delete