Pages

Saturday, 5 September 2026

Saturday 5th September - playing happy families...


But first, Friday;


But even before Friday, Thursday 

Which was a four 'event' day... I usually try and stick to a limit of three 'events' per day. But I syarted with a shower, which counts as an event because I find it quite tiring, then had a lovely piano session with a student in the morning (and also sorted out some music for another student).  

The hup! installation team had an interruption to their teabreak when the legs on their worktable, with both of them sitting on it, and the tea tray between them, suddenly snapped. Everything thing and everyone landed in a heap; the people were unheard but sadly my old Brown Betty teapot from university days did not. Ah well, at least it was only an old teapot that broke, and not and arm or a leg.

Followed by some time spent cooking; lunch, and loading the crock pot. Batch cooking counts as a relatively minor event. 

The architect, and then the electrician, and then the man who will be doing the external rendering all came round too, one after another...

Finally I had the regular weekly zoom with my lovely church group friends. Whew.

So it's not surprising that Friday was a low-energy day.

Today, however, has been a wonderful day. I drew the 10-minute journal in the morning,  before the 'children' - adults, now, of course, got here 


So the future box describes a future that was only a few hours away... I'd had a bit of a planning crisis the previous day when I realised I didn't have oat milk, or dairy-free ice-cream or biscuits in the house. Thank heavens for on-linecgrocery orders... I just placed an order for delivery this morning, adding in the usual weekly shop. Hence the ❤️ box!

We had lunch all together inside the extension - what fun! 


With garden furniture and a table cloth and place settings and no glazing in any doors or windows it felt like a curious mixture of inside and outside dining. 

It was a lovely way to christen the space - a family meal together as we used to. Even when the room is finished and glazed it will be easy to arrange good ventilation for meeting people indoors when it's wet outside. 

They have also sorted through a lot more of the stuff in their old bedrooms, some to take back this time, some to donate or throw, and the rest to keep. Progress!

The weather was sunny amd dry (if a bit breezy) all day, perfect, and a great improvement on yesterday's rain. 

2 comments:

  1. Blogger has fixed whatever the problem was yesterday and I'm relieved to know it wasn't my computer being obstinate.
    What fun to have a family lunch in the new extension.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it was a short-lived glitch in blogger.
      It WAS fun! I'm looking forward to plenty more

      Delete