Yesterday we signed off and paid the balance on our new kitchen. To be delivered in the week beginning 19th October in time for the fitter to start on the 26th. I hope that the extension will be ready!
We've had peace, but no physical progress on the extension yesterday and today, but a certain amount of texting and telephoning on my part has extracted the information that
The new radiator will be delivered tomorrow (not sure where to put it!)
The electrician will be back from holiday in time to start 'at the end of the week'
It's likely that the hup! team may perhaps possibly be able to install the big window 'later this week'.
So I shall wait and see... this whole project has been an exercise in patience!
...
Going back to Sunday, we had a lovely walk with friends through Nymans Gardens. I didn't take any pictures, I was too busy looking at leaves and flowers and views... we spent some time watching a wren hopping through a flower border, invisible except when we caught a flickering of movement through the leaves.
...
I've not been keeping up the journal pictures, but here's one for today;
The short daily reflections on my CofE app are themed on National Retreat Week. Yesterday looked at 'Silence' and today was on 'Still'.
....
I finished reading the first Tim Sullivan book 'The Dentist', and also finished rereading Rosamund Pilcher's September. Now for 'Time's Testimony' by Lynda Gillard...

I had never heard of National Retreat Week! I shall explore further!
ReplyDeleteI've just had a look at the website. Interesting!
DeleteThe kitchen is ordered!! Probably scary and exciting at the same time. Nice that you could get away and walk in those lovely gardens.
ReplyDeleteYes, I'm thinking the project might pick up some pace next week, maybe..
DeleteIts all coming together nicely for you, you'll be in for Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing you there!
ReplyDeleteWith tree and fairy lights...
DeleteI have so much respect for you, getting everything in the house sorted out. Once it's done, it will be wonderful.
ReplyDeleteI kind of love that you don't have pics from your walk. It means that you were there in the moment and enjoying the sights and sounds without any filter to dim it.
Ho ho ho... there's quite a difference between what people say they will do, and what actually happens, in my experience so far!
DeleteI definitely have far too many pictures on my phone, and keep going through and pruning them. What was relevant 10 years ago becomes yet another mystery picture in time... 'move to bin'!