Pages

▼

Thursday, 8 October 2026

Thursday 8th October - the day of the tackers

I never knew that plasterboard putter-uppers are known as tackers.

They were here all morning tacking away... then, just after lunch, we realised the world had gone quiet. 

'Perhaps they had stopped for lunch?'

No, everyone had gone!

Later two men from the building company came to collect the left over plasterboard and because 'the tackers never leave the place properly tidy'. The builders have very high standards.

The floor is now covered with screed so it is more or less at the final level. It will be a while before it is dry enough for the laminate flooring can be laid.



This is where I plan to sit and look out at the garden..


I wonder if the tackers noticed the eyes?



12 comments:

  1. It's certainly coming along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's making me feel more optimistic 😌

      Delete
  2. We call them "dry-wallers" here, and the product is drywall rather than plasterboard. Interesting how different names appear throughout the world. I'm glad you have tidy builders!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm learning about a whole new world... and my appreciation for the skill and diligence of these men has increased. Tidiness is a great PLUS!

      Delete
    2. Actually, drywall is not the same as plasterboard. Drywall is the end finish, ready to paint once the seams are taped and “mudded”. Plasterboard still has to have plaster applied over the entire surface.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Yes! Plastering happens Wednesday, then paint?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Isn't it... I suppose the next task is to choose pain colours.

      Delete
  5. Your extension really has come on apace. It's worth all the upheaval and noise to gain extra space and a lovely view into the garden.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the encouragement - every so often it all gets a bit overwhelming!

      Delete