Wednesday 27 March 2013

Wednesday 27th March - Liebsters and Lobsters

Instead of doing useful things like tatting tablecloths or knitting socks I spend my evenings catching up with all the blogs I follow.

Which reminds me that my blog-roll is well and truly out of date. I'm using Google reader at the moment, but am slowly coming to terms that Google reader is to be discontinued and I will have to find some other way. Archdruid Eileen, leader of the Beaker Folk of Husborne Crawley, bless her probably cotton socks, put me onto Google reader, and maybe she will be able to show me where to go next.

Somewhere along the way, I came across the inimitable Eccles and Bosco.


Yesterday, Eccles announced that his blog has been awarded a Lobster award. Way-hay!  
Today, Archdruid Eileen got one too! She doesn't seem to be able to spell Lobster in the same way, but it seems to be the same thing.

One of the delights is that the recipient of the Liebster/Lobster has to answer 11 questions, set by the blogger who passed the award on to them, and then set 11 more questions.

Such as "Why did you start blogging" and "Where's your favourite place" and "What's your favourite music etc etc - all pretty straightforward stuff.

Here's Eccle's list of questions - reads like an apocryphal entrance exam for an Oxbridge College:


(i) Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
(ii) How many roads must a man walk down?
(iii) How long is a piece of string?
(iv) Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
(v) Why did the chicken cross the road?
(vi) Who is the fairest of them all?
(vii) What shall we do with the drunken sailor?

drunken sailor
A difficult question to answer.  
(viii) To be or not to be? 
(ix) How much wood would a wood-chuck chuck if a wood-chuck 
could chuck wood?
(x) Where did you get that hat?
(xi) What's in a name?

Brilliant! I wish I'd thought of them myself. So my challenge is - what would your answers be?

2 comments:

  1. I'd seriously consider just putting all your favourites in your blogroll. That way not only do you see whats updated, you also get the benefits of all their search terms on Google.

    I think feedly may be an alternative, which I'll be maybe trying shortly. http://feedly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Your Druidship. I've had a go with Google currants but I think they are best used in fruit cake.
    I look forward to hearing all about feedly...

    Reader has disappeared from the "more" options when I sign on to Google but I just Google search it and hey! there it is! So yah booh - for now!

    ReplyDelete