Sunday 6 October 2013

Sunday 6th October - Blissfully Silent Day

I have barely spoken a word out loud all day.

In fact, if a neighbour hadn't come round to check "is everything ok?" - he'd seen my light on at 3am when he came home from work - I wouldn't have talked to anyone at all.

Perfect!

I haven't been lonely or distressed; after all I have emailed, tweeted, and now I am blogging. It's just that I haven't had to CONVERSE with anyone in real time, (apart from the neighbour) all day, which has been so peaceful. I am so enjoying myself.

I've had one phone call - cold calling - and dealt with that in 10 seconds flat.

It feels like a kind of silent retreat.

I have been busy, though; housework, crock-pot-cookery, and quiltmaking.

This evening I have Great British Railways, Great British Bake-Off, and Strictly Come Dancing to enjoy on TV. "Easy watching" for a Sunday evening.

Oh, and everything was fine at 3am. I was just reading for a bit. It was probably his van that woke me!

No comments:

Post a Comment