Sunday 24 November 2013

Sunday 24th November - A lively morning

On three occasions in the past couple of months I have woken up feeling -

(to the tune of "If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands")

I'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic,
I'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic,
I'm alive, awake, alert,
I'm alert, awake, alive,
I'm alive, awake, alert, enthusiastic.

There are actions; on the words

alive, pat knees once
awake, touch shoulders with both hands
alert, touch head with both hands
enthusiastic, clap on thu, stamp on sias, click fingers on tic
(or is it click on sias and stamp on tic? Does it matter?)

The point being that on these memorable mornings I have been feeling the way, the way that, - well, the way I used to feel most of the time. back then. In long-gone days of yore.

It could be the result of the various drug treatments over this past year (that have been making me feel tired, but have also improved my health), or maybe it's just a sense of emerging from a long tough year.

On the previous lively mornings, the effect wore off quite quickly, but today I felt bright and breezy and up for it and ready for action for most of the day.

Just as well - I left home in time to perform my turn on the church transport rota, collecting and looking after a resident of a local home. As I turned in, I met someone else from church coming out, with that person already loaded into the car. I followed them all the way back to church, where I discovered that I had entirely forgotten that I was on the rota as organist for the early service (luckily someone in the congregation was able to stand, or rather, sit, in for me). And, because someone else was now looking after the resident from the home, I hadn't needed to swap myself off the prayer rota that day. So, instead of being treble booked for the services, I had nothing to do except sit and be a member of the congregation. Did you get all that? No matter.

Anyway, that's probably why this morning's liveliness lasted so long!





No comments:

Post a Comment