Thursday 23 February 2017

Thursday 23rd February - Laziness is Good

At last, half-term has become a slow, lazy time.

I say that, because it is noon and I am still in my dressing gown - heaven. Normally by this time on a Thursday I have taught 4 piano lessons (starting at 8:30 am which is downright uncivilised), and am bracing myself for a couple of class music lessons - mayhem with ukuleles and chaos with infants would not be an entirely inaccurate description. Although learning does take place, I promise you.

By learning, I refer mainly to the children's learning - reading chord charts, singing rounds, playing classroom percussion at the right moment, NOT playing at the wrong moment. But there is also personal learning, like "I won't be trying THAT again in a hurry", and "oh, that worked - we'll do it again!".

Today hasn't been entirely idle. I am almost totally without that spatial sense (which BB has in abundance) which will tell me that this or that arrangement of furniture will or won't work. I would like to arrange things so that my favourite seat



would fit by the fireplace here instead of the red Poang chair


But, even though BB assured me it wouldn't work, I couldn't properly envisage HOW it wouldn't work. Deep sigh, and he and I shifted almost every piece of furniture in the room. I forgot to take a picture of how it doesn't work, but he is absolutely correct. Another Deep Sigh (and he didn't say "I told you so" for which he is to be highly commended) and we/he put it all back again. Cake and coffee went someway towards restoring energy levels. And we were also able to deal with this, which we discovered under the settee.
  

The solution may be to replace the Poang with a smallish tub-style chair. We shall go and inspect one at John Lewis and see if it is comfortable. Handily, our John Lewis is combined with a Waitrose, so we can check out the chair when we go food shopping.

Laziness has resumed; although at some point I will have to get dressed in order to go shopping.

The greeny-blue jumper is coming on a treat - I have just started on the second sleeve. The challenge will be to do the sewing-up part and get it finished. I still haven't sewn up the cushion cover I knitted earlier this year.

Storm Doris is creating a bustling wind, knocking over all the bins waiting for the bin lorry. Leaves keep whirling past the window, and any birds foolish enough to fly are following a drunken and dishevelled flight path. We had thought of a trip to London today, but this morning dawned damp and manky. London will keep for another occasion.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment