Saturday 1 April 2017

Saturday 1st April - 'art'

I've a new art programme to play with. It will take ages to get used to; it's not a bit like using real paint and brushes. So far I'm finding 'oil paint' and 'palette knife' easiest to manipulate, in spite of the fact that I have never used either before in my life. That is apart from a failed attempt one Christmas a lot of years ago. That came to a sticky end when I trod on the painting with my bare feet when the oil was still wet.

Here's my first go - a random mountainy sort of scene...



and my second go, this time using a sort of 'felt pen' or maybe a 'pencil'



and finally back to oil and palette knife


This last is based on a photograph of fields behind Petworth. I started by tracing over the photograph, but soon abandoned that idea and kind of went my own way.

it's a lot cleaner and tidier than paint and paper...

No comments:

Post a Comment