Friday 1 April 2022

Friday 1st April - April Foolish weather

 No, I'm not posting any April fools - there have been plenty of of them on twitter etc.

And anyway it is now too late - half past five.

Yesterday it began to snow at about ten minutes to four. And finished snowing at about five minutes to four. I began a piano lesson over zoom with a girl at four, who lives about half a mile away, which was almost instantly derailed when she announced it hard started snowing and could she go and bounce on her trampoline in the garden in the snow? Before I could frame a response, the snow stopped. Like that. So we carried on with the lesson.

Half an hour later I was having a chat with a group of friends, again over zoom. Some live in Scotland (no snow), some in Norfolk (some snow) and two live a couple of miles away from me, and - it had just started to snow! For about five minutes and then stopped. Mad.

Today it has been alternating between snow, sun, sleet, snow, more sun, hail (!), sun.... and again bitterly cold.

I've stayed indoors, watching the weird weather and staying close to a radiator, all wrapped up in a blanket. The cats have felt the same way. I feel for them - our bathroom is chilly with the wind in this direction, but they have to go outside. 

Yesterday and today, with the weather being so cold, I opened a packet of 'Cold Warrior' tea. Whether this is to fend off a cold in the head or cold weather I don't know.

Eucalyptus leaves, aniseed, lemongrass, chilli, echinacea, peppermint

  Not as pretty as the flowery one from Wednesday, and a strong smell of Olbas Oil, which was slightly worrying. I love the smell of Olbas Oil 

 Ahhhhh

but I'd never have thought of drinking eucalyptusl...

Once brewed, the flavours mellowed. I'd drawn the curtains so I don't know if the weather improved, but I felt better for it. Perhaps because I'm not actually unwell?

Noah's Ark for Friday


It's a jackal, or maybe a fox - I think it depends on which Bible you use. This is the King James Version;

  1.  For this our heart is faint; for these things our eyes are dim.

  2.  Because of the mountain of Zion, which is desolate, the foxes walk upon it.

  3.  Thou, O LORD, remainest for ever; thy throne from generation to generation.

  4. It's not a good idea to try and make sense of random verses taken out of context... but verse 19 seems a good one to hold on to.




No comments:

Post a Comment