Tuesday 12 April 2022

Tuesday 12th April - Printing, and posting, and other news.

 I turned the dining room table in to a card-making factory this morning


I though the cards with their black edges tooled a little sombre, and used some of the first tries for experimenting. 


Water colour worked a treat, until I discovered that although the stamp pad I used for test prints used waterproof ink, the actual printing ink was decidedly not! Colouring pencils will be the way to go. Something along these lines. 


The first six reached the post box this afternoon.

My 'bonus treat' when I am lino printing is to use up the last ink on the tray to make mono prints. I lay a sheet of A4 printer paper directly on the ink, and draw with a pencil. The pencils lines pick up the ink, transferring the design. You can get a more textured background by lightly smoothing the paper onto the tray. Next time I might skip the lino printing stage and go straight to mono printing! 





   


On Sunday evening I finished the jumper that I started back in December. It lay untouched for several weeks at a time, sometimes because I had more urgent things to complete, other times because I needed to work out how was going to solve the problems I met along the way (wrong yarn and gauge for the pattern for a start!)

I have been wearing it all day yesterday and today.


   Noah's Ark

Palm Sunday was always going to be a donkey! I learned an interesting fact on Sunday; donkeys were not thought of as such a humble ride back in Old Testament times; when kings arrived in a town they would ride a donkey to show they came in peace; horses were saved for war. If the king arrived on a horse then you could be sure his intentions were not peaceful.

"Lo, your king comes to you, triumphant and humble is he, humble and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."   Zechariah 9.9 



Monday - hares; "You shall not eat the hare, for even though it chews the cud, it does not have divided hoofs."      Leviticus 11.6




Tuesday - "Spoil was gathered as the caterpillar gathers."  Isaiah 33.4
So not a butterfly then!  




   
  


2 comments:

  1. The prints look good. What yarn did you use for the jumper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll post a picture of the wool and the ball band with all the details.

    ReplyDelete