Wednesday 15 March 2023

Wednesday 15th March - Eco cloths

 Somehow, I'm still not sure how, I have become a member of the Eco Church group. I'm not sure exactly what I can do to help in the project to make us into an 'Eco' church while I am still not out and about, but I guess I can listen and pray?

And knit;

Back in 2012 (Have I been blogging that long? Even longer?) I started a 'block-a-day' project, to improve my knitting skills by knitting a block from this book 

and then combining them into a blanket. I bought plenty of lovely soft recycled cotton yarn and got to work. Block production started well:

but dropped off as the year continued. Somewhere I have a bag of finished blocks, but I know that there are nowhere near enough for a blanket.

They are a handy size for little dusting and cleaning jobs, and as mopping-up cloths, to save using kitchen paper for spills for when the milk boils over in the microwave, or splatters on the work surface. I am already using some and finding they are perfect. It is so easy to just fetch out a clean one and throw the used one in the wash, as opposed to ripping off a sheet of paper and chucking it in the bin.

Putting the completed blocks to good use, and finishing up the yarn is making me feel much better about the bag of bits hidden (with other unfinished projects) in the bottom of the storage chest.

Here come a few more...



2 comments:

  1. Christmas 2017 was the year we knitted hundreds of green squares at church to make a Christmas Tree for the festival display, and then dismantled it into 4 large blankets for a Romanian charity. I don't think I've knitted a square since!

    ReplyDelete