This morning started promptly, delivering nine bags of books to the Cancer Research charity shop. We discovered the missing tenth bag in a dark corner of the hall when we got hone. Ah well, there will be many more trips to charity shops in the next few months!
I've shortened the another pair of trousers. I said it before, but I need to learn not to think of this as such a chore. It took me an hour in total from laying out and measuring the trousers, cutting, pinning and hand sewing. Time to stop making such a fuss.
I've also finished retrofitting hexagons to the back of the quilt
I am pleasedthe result; it's a bit untidy in places but I'm still learning the processes and getting caught out from time to time. I still have to quilt most of the hexagons so that the fleece padding stays put. Fleece is HORRIBLE stuff to use for the padding as it stretches in two dimensions. I'll carry on until it is used up, and then switch to a proper wadding with some relief.
Like I said, I'm learning as I go along.
I am really pleased with the look of the front. It's about 10 inches square at the moment and won't be growing much until I have created a load more patches first.
I've done too much sewing today. My fingers, hands and wrists are warning me that it's well after time to have stopped!