Monday 20 November 2023

Monday 20th November - I'll save that for tomorrow's post

 But now it IS tomorrow, and I can't remember what it was that I  saved...

I have resumed patchworking again after a break of a couple of weeks. I made a couple of 'quilt as you go' hexagons while we were away, but when I came to look at them they were weirdly wonky.




Then when I came to look at the edge of the quilt, that was also weirdly wonky

/



There's a bit of a 'jog' where the red and blue patches meet. I took the cream wonky patch and persuaded it to fill in the gap.


I reckon it will pass the 'galloping horse' test. All the patches have been quilted, and I've added a couple more. Progress!

I'm very pleased with myself for managing TWO sessions of cross stitching today.

(I've also made ANOTHER Christmas cake but I promised not to do any more Christmas cake posts. I'll just say that I remembered to get it out of the crockpot at about the right time and it's definitely looking better the the previous effort!)


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Three! One has been eaten, one is half eaten so quite soon I will be just the one left for Christmas. Good job we like fruit cake!

      Delete
  2. Its very pretty and I know how much work you've put in to get as far as you have, as I did a hexie quilt last year, but still not completely finished, winters here so I may get it done. Another cake? I haven't made one, we stopped because we're always dieting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I reckon this quilt is more 'learn as you go' than 'quilt as you go'. I cut the cake into very small pieces, probably less than the size of a small match box, so that two pieces looks pretty generous on a saucer!

      Delete