Sunday 28 January 2024

Sunday 27th January - Three Bouquets

My husband bought three bouquets of flowers at the supermarket on Thursday. 

The first was for my father; from time to time I've asked if he'd like to have some flowers along with the porridge oats, eggs, bread, etc. This time he requested them of his own accord, so I'm pleased he likes them.

The second was for a friend who is having a stressful time at the moment with various members of her family unwell for different reasons. I was able to hand them over before the weekend. 

The third was for.... me! The daffodils from over a week ago were showing signs of going over, so I was delighted with a bunch of roses and carnations. 


Colouring the sketch was a bit of a challenge; I used some novelty pencils I was given at Christmas. Each one contains two colours of 'leads' inside, and they are labelled with the names of planets and other space features. You never quite know what colour you are applying!

Little Ghost Nebula is pale green and yellow
Earth is green and indigo 
Mars is red and orange
Solar Flare yellow and light red

4 comments:

  1. It is a joy to have flowers at this gloomy time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it just! My mother always had daffodils in a vase beside her at this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Very interesting pencils, and being bought flowers how perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pencils are a bit of a challenge to use...

      Delete