Monday 26 February 2024

Monday 26th February

It looked as though the February weather was revving up for March, which is traditionally said to 'come in like a lion and go out like a lamb'. After a couple of very still (and cold and wet) days today was a clear blowy day. 

I've done cross stitching today. This was finishing off yesterday's sewing, and then charting and making a start on the final section. Thursday is looking faintly possible as a finish day if all continues to go well

 Knitting; I have added to the poncho and the mitred-square blanket. I'm trying to knit about an inch of poncho a day. That is only 6 rows, and takes about 10 or 15 minutes. Just enough time to enjoy my morning coffee. If I  can keep this up I should finish it while it is still enough to wear it...

The prototype book cover is nearly finished. This is the back. 

I want to finish adding random stipling to the pinkish patch, which is partially sewn down already on the front cover. I shall do something or other to the big green circle before adding it to the cover and then it might be finished.... one can always do more!

And let's not forget the painted pebbles - I did two this morning to catch up. No school children dame past. Perhaps today as an 'insect day' as we used to call them.

A very domestic day...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm quite pleased with some of the stitching.....!

      Delete