Saturday 2 March 2024

Saturday 2nd March

At last! I've been waiting for weeks to read 'What to look for in Spring'. 

No sign of violets or coltsfoot yet, or celandines. But I know what to look out for.

Maybe, if we start getting some more sunny hours during the day they will appear soon. I'm rationing myself to a few pages at a time.

I spent an hour or so stitching as fast as I could to finish the December January February cross-stitch. At one point I had two needles in action and a further three threaded up and  ready stuck into my sewing pouch;

I got it into the post before the final collection for Saturday, with first class postage. 

I finished reading Wild Strawberries by Angel Thirkell this afternoon. It was delightfully light and frothy right to the very last page. What next? I have an Elly Griffiths and a Donna Leon lined up, both new to me, and I was also thinking of re-reading 'In this House of Brede' or the Elizabeth Goudge 'Herb of Grace' series. Choices, choices...

The poncho progresses. I've done nine inches this week so far, with another 20 to go. Knit knit knit knit.....

4 comments:

  1. I loved anything by Rumer Godden, and always Elizabeth Goudge. We have plenty of celandines, but it's years since I have seen Coltsfoot. I think many wildflowers have disappeared over the years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll go for Elizabeth Goudge. And maybe the Donna Leon at the same time...?

      Delete
  2. The " What to look for in spring" book looks lovely. It is really time for starting to look for the small spring signs now. The Coltsfoot are the first to look for here in Norway. The snow is gone, but it is raining and raining... We need a little bit of sun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very book popular when I was a child. I found a secondhand copy which made me very happy. We have had SO much rain all through February. It must be time for a change!

      Delete