Saturday 30 March 2024

Saturday 30th March

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed to be here to stay, now today they've gone away...

I know, that's the wrong way round, but yesterday I was tearing my hair about the arrangements for getting us all together, us, the offspring and my father for some time together, and also very apprehensive about a respiratory assessment at our local hospital, and feeling 'low' from the effects of hefty antibiotics.

Yesterday, the get-together arrangements fell into place, and today the respiratory appointment went very well. The Dr was kind and helpful and patient, answering questions, explaining things clearly and generally reassuring that we were doing the right things to manage my pulmonary fibrosis condition and avoid the risks of catching infection. I do constantly need professional reassurance that I'm not overreacting or being overcautious. 

So, moving on, there were lighter moments yesterday, 

SOCKS

ta-da!


I finished the second sock last night and here they are. I'm fighting the urge to cast on the next pair.  It gets addictive. I wonder if I'll manage to persuade myself to make progress on other works-in-progress first... don't bet on it.

GARDENING 

Himself took a stroll round the garden yesterday. The only plant that has been really, really enjoying the wet weather is the cardoon


Hang on a mo, just look at all those snails! He picked of SCORES of them, big and small, and whanged them way over the hedge at the bottom of the garden. (Onto waste ground and cycle tracks, I hasten to explain). This afternoon there were another half dozen, at least, I hope they were ANOTHER half dozen; I know slugs are homing pests, but I think he threw the snails far enough?

CROSS STITCH 

not today. I'd forgotten how exhausting chasing round trying to get social meet ups can be, and the same for worrying about upcoming events. I'm not stewing about it, though; if I hadn't caught the post on Thursday then the next collection probably won't be until Tuesday. 

6 comments:

  1. Nice socks! Be careful, you can be addicted, as I am :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... I want to try a short row heel next which is why I am desperate to start the next pair!

      Delete
  2. So many snails!! I am glad the appointment went well. Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't dare go outside in case there are columns of snails like a slow slimy army slithering across the grass...
      Happy Easter too

      Delete
  3. The socks are great! I am glad the appointment went well! Snails- urgh!!! Had to pick them off my chard yesterday! Little beasts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like the look of snails but NOT in my veg patch!

      Delete