Wednesday 1 May 2024

Wednesday 1st May

This morning was all misty, but it soon cleared. Not enough to let the sun through. We have thunderstorms forecast for tonight...

I did have a look around the garden

This first aquilegia is flowering in a sea of lemon balm


And I think this white flower is a kind of viburnum call snowball, but I'm not too sure;


And a reminder of the Sans Day Carol; 'now the Holly bears a Berry as white as the milk, and Mary bore Jesus and wrapped him in silk';



We ate the alfalfa sprouts at supper time, as a fresh and crunchy addition to ravioli with green pesto and pine nuts.


I mentioned yet another decluttering hack which is to remove one thing every day for a year. I thought I'd start with May and see how I got on; today it was a star ornament which has been added to a charity bag.

5 comments:

  1. I think your viburnum is a viburnum plicatum, known as Snowbush. The Snowball variety has pom pom flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, you really know your plants!

      Delete
  2. I spent 50p on a pot of lemon balm at the Repair Café (money going to Amnesty - my gardening friend raises loads for them by selling plants and seeds) once it is flourishing and has lots of leaves, I shall use them in my cooking

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a little lemon balm once... now I've got a lottle of it!

      Delete
  3. My Viburnham has more globular flowers.
    The Lemon balm looks so healthy! I have some in pots but I was so pleased that a very healthy bush has grown in the lawn- I've been liberally drinking lemon balm tea from it! Wish the mint would do similarly!

    ReplyDelete