Tuesday 25 June 2024

Tuesday 25th June

 And we're off! Our next collaboration starts on 1st July.

Collaboration - I hear you ask?

Well, a couple of years ago Ang posted about two people - sisters? - livened up lockdown (remember that? 2020?) by taking turns to add an embroidery to a piece of cloth which they posted each other. I commented that it seemed a wonderful idea, but I wouldn't want to share the single piece of cloth!

Ang and I hardly knew each other. I would read her blog and occasionally comment, but look what happened...

The Postcard Project - which ran through most of 2022... The top piece of cloth is Ang's to keep, and the bottom oe mine.



I think there were a few more bits of embroideries added after I took these pictures, but anyway you get the idea.

Next we did the Cross Country Cross Stitch Collaboration, which we have just finished. The bottom one is Ang's.



Now, we are ready for the next one - what will it be? We haven't decided on a name for it yet, but Ang has prepared the foundation cloths.

This arrived in the post, with the card and little tin of peppermints. A notebook travels back and forth wit the cloth, with information on the inspiration for the picture and details on how it was sewn, and also a 'flat gift' that fits in the parcel, hence the card and tin of French mints.



 I've got a few days left to think about what I shall sew for July...

Jigsaw

Message to Best Beloved - leave the page now to avoid the picture!






I finished the jigsaw this afternoon. The whimsy pieces are easiest to pick out in the sky; there were about a dozen or more of them all together


 
I looked up Kinnordy on the internet. It is a Scottish estate north of St Andrews, quite near Edinburgh and Glamis Castle. The picture reminds me of the 'What to look for in Autumn' Ladybird Book. The more you look, the more you see...



3 comments:

  1. Looking forward to your next piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very exciting to be starting another project!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to look up the artist for that jigsaw to see what else he painted

    ReplyDelete