Wednesday 5 June 2024

Wednesday 5th June

Surprise!

We went to the dentist this afternoon; that's not the surprise, it was in the diary. I thought I was having a checkup while Himself was having a session with the hygienist,  and so it proved. The surprise was that I too had a session with the hygienist after my checkup,  which I had completely forgotten about!  So that's everything done (hopefully) for the next six months. Touch wood.

Soup

Quick vegetable, noodle, and chicken soup for two. 

Ingredients; one nest of chinese noodles, broken up into bits, random selection of suitable veg (I used a couple of green beans, one spring onion, a handful of frozen sweetcorn, and two pieces of tenderstem broccoli), half a chicken stock cube to make about 300ml stock and a small packet of cooked chicken.

I chopped everything up into soup-size pieces, put it all in a pan and simmered for about five minutes until the vegetables were cooked and the noodles soft. Check for seasoning - I added black pepper and about half a teaspoon of sriracha (chilli sauce). The cooked chicken was barbecue flavour which worked well.

Walks

I've been using an ordinary 4-colour biro, which has just red, green, black and blue, to do quick memory jogger sketches of the various places we visit for walks in June

The Prairie Garden 


The post box with the crochet topper in our little parade of shops


Yesterday's visit to the local nature reserve 


It's quite a challenge just using a biro!

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They are everywhere along the roads at the moment.

      Delete
  2. I noticed Oxeye daisies everywhere I went the other day - must be a good year for them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love seeing them - they cheer up the verges

      Delete
  3. I don't like the name of the pens SUCK-UP. I remember when gel pens first came out - a pupil was chewing the end of his and it came apart - his mouth was full of lurid ink and his face covered in it! It quite disrupted my lesson

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the name of the pens I described on the Thursday 6th June post; a bit like the way French Connection clothes used to get a bit close to the mark with with their advertising. But it's a good site for unusual gifts.

      Delete