Friday 30 August 2024

Friday 30th August

It's arrived!

Friday, the weekend? No, no, no, the post! Ang messaged me to say that she had put this month's Cover Story Collaboration in the post yesterday so I was hoping it would come today. She'd already let me know that mine had arrived safely. 

So, The Big Reveal;



I absolutely love this. I've been having a bit of a 'thing' about seed heads and grasses this summer, especially silhouetted against the sky. It turns out that Ang also loves the shape of umbelliflors (that's what these ones are called, I know that now because she put that in her notes).

She also sent me a miniature 'canvas', about the size of a fridge magnet, to paint on, a booklet of embroidery designs and an intriguing pale grey highlighter pen which I've already been experimenting with.

I chose to make a crazy log cabin patchwork using several batik-style prints;



About fifty years or more ago, (seriously, that long??? Oh my word) my parents were living in Indonesia and we usually put on long dresses (the ladies) in the evening because it was cooler, and they helped protect our ankles from mosquito bites. I had a lovely Thai silk dress in exactly the colours of the central motif.... ah, memories, memories... I still have about a dozen cotton batik sarongs in my cupboard from those days.








2 comments:

  1. I have some lovely blue and white fabric from Java, leftover from making a dress a few years ago, very similar to these prints . This has definitely been my Sapphire month

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One more day left in this month... then ... what next??

      Delete