Saturday 14 September 2024

Saturday 14th September

Yesterday was an 'all I want to do is read lightweight books and eat biscuits' day.

So the shenanigans with the oxygen concentrator and my phone were extremely unwelcome.  However, I did read lightweight books and eat biscuits so it wasn't a complete disaster. Hang on, but eating biscuits, even best quality expensive Island shortbread biscuits, all day, can hardly said to be a good use of time? 

What's done is done, and what was not done was not done. Which is why I had two sessions of ballet exercises to do today; yesterday's and today's. And my step count wasn't wonderful. 

The splendid magnificent fix for my mobile phone, the cliff-hanger end to yesterday's post.... did not work. So today, first thing in the morning before the town really woke up, BB strode off to the shop to get their technical insight.

'Oh, yeah, we've been seeing that a lot recently. It's to with the roll out of 5G. I'll give you a new SIM.' said the man in the shop.

(I write that as though I know what I'm talking about).

Meanwhile, I was at home, lamenting that the back garden was all cold and chill and in the shadow, and the sun was on the front of the hoouse. I wanted to sit outside in the sun with a cup of tea without looking like a nosey neighbour. How could I achieve this?

I armed myself with tea, a bucket and some scraper type garden tools. Then I could sit at the front, and look as though I was gardening. I did actually clear a few weeds from paved area around the front door as well. 

I'll do that again!

And my phone is now working perfectly.

5 comments:

  1. Totally approve of lightweight reading and biscuits, preferably chocolate. Very impressed with your knowledge of phones!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard I can get a SIM card for my tablet to increase what it can do. I believe I will check into it sometime. Glad you got your problem solved

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. It felt odd not having a working mobile phone to hand

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. It felt odd not having a working mobile phone to hand

    ReplyDelete