Tuesday 17 September 2024

Tuesday 17th September

Have you seen the moon? Have you seen THE MOON? It's huge! I looked out earlier this evening but it was still behind the bungalows opposite.  Now it has risen, but appears to have become tangled up in the branches of the cherry tree that grows along our road. I expect it will have freed itself in a short while.

We won't be staying up for the eclipse though. Hopefully we'll both be fast asleep. 

I've been trying out my teeny weeny palette. If I had bought the real original one, it would have come with a similar sized sketch book for tiny pictures.


Irresistible. Until you spot the price...

At the moment I'm working out how to manage with just these colours, and only a tiny area, and also testing out how well the paper in my notebook stands up to the watercolour.

I'm pretty pleased with how things are going so far;


(Flash photography always improves pictures!)


I received an alarming advertising email from World of Books, where I buy a lot of secondhand books online;


Oh my word!

7 comments:

  1. It was SO cloudy here last night. No moon in sight (SIL saw the supermoon in the Cotswolds) Did not set the alarm for the eclipse. "Only 99 sleeps till Santa" I have lots of other stuff to look forward to before that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, one season at a time is best! Although I'm looking forward to rereading Nigel Slater's Christmas book - at the appropriate time.

      Delete
  2. So many birthdays in my family between now and Christmas - bad planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but luckily none in January or February for my family.

      Delete
    2. Yes, but luckily none in January or February for my family.

      Delete
  3. Hello Kirsten, Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. It's nice to meet another blogger.
    Yes, the moon was beautiful and I'm glad I saw it Tuesday night because by Wednesday there were clouds.
    Have a great rest-of-the-week 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been enjoying your blog for a little while now - thanks for dropping by today!

      Delete