Saturday 26 October 2024

Saturday 26th October

Rain rain, go away, come again another day...

It's been a day of two parts.

For his part, BB rushed around 

vacuuming, replacing the dead battery on the vacuum cleaner, fixing the cleaning head because it had stopped doing its spinny thing.... 

Changing the filters on the oxygen concentrator and fitting clean new cannulas...

Two loads through the washing machine...

Clearing up in the kitchen...


As for me, I just sat and stitched and watched YouTubes and stitched some more...

The October stitching for the cover story collaboration with Ang is about done. 

To have a break from it, I scrolled through YouTube, and found this


Halfway through I thought - I've got everything literally to hand; I'm going to give that a go... I found some scraps and cut a rectangle about 5 x 3 inches, sort of. I laid the scraps on top, pinned, tacked and sewed them down.


Then came the origami bit. It looked simple enough. I tried it with a piece of paper. Fiddly,  but doable.


Not quite that simple when you try and do the same thing with fabric. I suppose it only took three, or four, maybe five goes, including a pause for a pot of tea!


I think the main problems were having a smaller fabric rectangle and it not holding a crease like paper, so it kept unfolding itself all the time! Still, for a trial run I'm pretty pleased.

I was using cotton perle threads. Years ago when Ang and I did our first collaboration (the Postcard Project) I ordered a variety pack on Amzn. It seemed pretty cheap...

I wasn't too impressed when these boxes arrived, all faded and stuck together with ancient yellow curling sellotape! You get what you pay for? 




The contents looked OK. The boxes were lined with pristine tissue paper, and at first sight it seemed a wonderful selection of colours. Although I was disappointed with so many whites and blacks.
 

I didn't notice the problem with the colour selection for several months... I know my Canadian friend will spot ot at once!

(I'll put the answer in the next post... but I expect it will already be in the comments)

4 comments:

  1. I knew a li=brarian who was given a huge wallet of fancy colouring pens 'for the children's activities' just after lockdown, They came from a woman who had whiled away the hours drawing plants. She had used up ALL the green pens. I shall check out the origami thing - but doubt I will try it very soon. Too busy with Other Stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Picasso apparently said 'if I can't find the red crayon I just draw with the blue one'...

      Delete