Thursday 17 October 2024

Thursday 17th October

 Hurray! The bits I need for the October Cover Story Collaboration stitching arrived yesterday and I got going straight away. Now that I've made a start I've got a reasonable idea of how long it should take me to finish. Hopefully I'll get it done over the next week or so, in time to post at the end of the month.

And Hurry! The pattern for the very easy cardigan in super chunky yarn also arrived yesterday. I've spent some time browsing the super chunky yarns but not made up my mind yet. I'm encouraged by how few stitches are needed, just 52 for the back. Excellent. 

The Elizabeth Zimmerman Adult version of the famous Baby Surprise Jacket which I picked up again last week currently has about 180 stitches, and I'm still in the 'increases' section, adding four stitches every other row. I think I keep going until I have 244. Each row takes forever...


And now for The Rant...

Honestly, the background music in The Repair Shop is INSANELY INANE. Are they mending a clock? Cue the ticky tocky pizzicato strings. Are they mending a doll? Obviously glockenspiel music is needed. Some kind of spinning thing? Let's have round and round music. 

I'm finding the background music simplistic and annoying enough, but then, because they switch from item to item every few moments, they switch the background music too!

Robot  doll  clock  whirlygig 

 stop Stop STOP with the aural nonsense!


Rant over.

I'll creep back into my corner now...

2 comments:

  1. I confess I hadn't noticed. But I did notice the beautiful font on the subtitles of The Chelsea Detective. The fs have descenders and proper ligatures... (I'm a words girl, you're the music girl)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ☺️ did you watch the Chelsea detectives? Was good?

      Delete