Wednesday 2 October 2024

Wednesday 2nd October

I've got a bit of a thing for Island Bakery shortbread biscuits. They are, in my opinion, the best in the shops. Sadly you don't get many biscuits inside the cute boxes, but that's good in one way, because it helps me ration my biscuit consumption. 

Inside the box the biscuits are stacked on their edges in a little cardboard tray. While we were away on holiday I discovered that the tray is in the shape of a little rowing boat, with pictures of seagulls, octopuses and fish around the side. The dinghy even had a name - 'Iona'. That made me wonder if all the little boats were the same, so I checked out the dinghy that carried a cargo of lemon shortbread;


I was enchanted to see that my biscuits had been brought to me in a little boat called 'Ulva'. The bakery must be calling all the little boats after the names of the Islands. 

The lemon biscuits are finished now; I'll let you know what I find with in next packet!


Underneath the biscuit boat you may have spotted this picture. 


I was watching a YouTube 'short' about 'dealing with stress by drawing scribble flowers'. I'm not sure that I need to mindfully deal with stress and anxiety at the moment, but I thought it was a remarkably easy way to produce a striking design. And so it was.

I'm using it as the front page of the Commonplace booklet I've been working on. In the process I have learned how to persuade it to print out as a booklet, and also how to make text go over a picture.


BB will be delivering this to my father tomorrow when he takes his shopping round. 







No comments:

Post a Comment