A favourite hymn; we sang it at my Confirmation over 50 years ago. It was also sung at the Coronations of Queen Elizabeth II and King Charles III.
A beautiful hymn, and one that holds good memories for you. Pentecost joys π❤️π©·
Thank you
It is sung at ordinations too.
I should know that, but I'd forgotten.
A beautiful hymn, and lovely that it means so much to you.
π
Always love the Pentecost service. Also - thank you for this hymn. I don't know the hymn but the tune is my almost-daily prayer: music director at my former congregation used it to set a chant version of Psalm 139.
The tune is very old, a plai song maybe. I think it is Creator Spiritus.
Whitsunday! I hadn't realized. Thanks for the reminder.
It took me years to work out that Whitsun, May Bank Holiday and Pentecost were all on the same weekend!
What a nice hymn! It is new for me.
I'm glad you like it π
A beautiful hymn, and one that holds good memories for you. Pentecost joys π❤️π©·
ReplyDeleteThank you
DeleteIt is sung at ordinations too.
ReplyDeleteI should know that, but I'd forgotten.
DeleteA beautiful hymn, and lovely that it means so much to you.
ReplyDeleteπ
DeleteAlways love the Pentecost service. Also - thank you for this hymn. I don't know the hymn but the tune is my almost-daily prayer: music director at my former congregation used it to set a chant version of Psalm 139.
ReplyDeleteThe tune is very old, a plai song maybe. I think it is Creator Spiritus.
DeleteWhitsunday! I hadn't realized. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteIt took me years to work out that Whitsun, May Bank Holiday and Pentecost were all on the same weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice hymn! It is new for me.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like it π
Delete