Thursday, 23 July 2026

Thursday 23rd July - it's a square swap!

11 A tale of four squares...

Here's number one - a very simple two-stripe pattern. I chose one of the easiest patterns in the boo because I knew I didn't have much brain. To make it slightly more interesting, I thought I would use Sirdar Crofter, which is supposed to knit up into a Fair Isle type pattern, and a different yarn that is self striping, gradually changing to the next colour. 

Square no 1.


And I was right about the brain power; about half-a-dozen rows in, I discovered I had cast on three too few stitches. I just added some stitches to the end of the row and kept on going. I like the square, but it was too wonky to send to Ang. 

Square 2;


I like the way it shades from dark blue stripes to light blue. But wait, what have I done with square 1? After a few days searching, I gave up and embarked upon square number 3: 


This had a nice little riff on Breton stripes; Ang will like that, I thought. But then square 2 had gone missing...

This was getting ridiculous. 

So, I knitted square 4, and halfway through squares 1, 2 and 3 mysteriously reappeared. How do they do that?


I sent two squares to Ang, and kept number 1 and another for for myself. But which one? I can't remember; you'll have to wait until Ang posts about her parcel!

She's written about the square she sent to me here;  

and here's what came in the post yesterday for me;



A square which really looks like the sea on a sunny day, two rolls of very thin (very useful!) Washi tape in seashell colours, and lovely stitching markers, with seashell coloured beads. It really cheered me up! - thank you 😊 

I've had a trying couple of days what with one thing and another; the swaps always seem to arrive on a day when they would be most appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment