I think my 10-minute-journal more or less says it all.
I was SO cross and fed-up last night. That cannot, and did, spiral quickly down into a kind of sadness and darkness and despair, to be fought off with every means available. It doesn't do to let such a mood take root; like weeds with tap roots, you have to take action before it gets a hold.
My friends on our zoom homegroup soon lifted me up and back into 'cleaner air'; how on earth do people without family and friends cope?
For me, a homegroup is a group associated with a church. Many do praying and bible study, maybe sing a few worship songs... we four (sometimes five) just natter, unload the week, and then someone will think of a prayer or quotation from scripture as a result of our meandering.
This time, one of us had, during the week, come across
which couldn't have been more perfect. Nice one. Isaiah!


It's brilliant to have people you can chat to, who understand you.
ReplyDeleteSo, so important...
DeleteBeauty – Joy – Praise – Gratitude
ReplyDeleteI wish you a happy end to August.
Thank you... 'and also with you' as we say in church!
DeleteGlad things are on the up (hup!?) again 💜
ReplyDeleteDefinitely!
DeleteHup!wards and honwards...
DeleteWhat a perfect verse. You are lucky to have such a supportive group. I go to a local homegroup in the village with about 10 people. all very different. We study, and its been interesting, but its not the sort of group that one can really open up to.
ReplyDeleteI've been in homegroups like that, lovely, kind, interrsting, caring people but as you say, not a group where you would bare your soul.
DeleteSuch a group is a true boon. I'm amazingly fortunate to join almost monthly (we break for July and August) with a small group from my previous urban congregation. Fond as I am of my current congregation, I volunteered and worshipped with the city group for over 20 years, have known most of them for a good 30 years, and the level of trust established over those years of good times and bad is so valuable. So glad you have one too.
DeleteThat verse from Isaiah is perfect for days when life gets a person down. How fortunate you are to have a homegroup like the one it appears that you have.
ReplyDeleteOver the years we have been a great support to each other. I am so fortunate to know them.
Delete