Wednesday, 26 August 2026

Wednesday 26th August - it might seem a small thing,

 but honestly,  when the man came to pump out the builder's portaloo this morning I was filled with joy...

Coffee features frequently in my ❤️ section.  That second Coffee of the day - autocorrect has for once got it right in spelling it with a Capital C - is one of the beautiful moments of the day. I buy the mini-sized biscuits to try and fool myself into having just one small biscuit. 

At the moment we don't have any barrier at the edgof the patio,  which is quite a height, about 18 8nches, maybe, above the garden. I plan to artfully arrange pots and planters around the edge... now we have reached a time to plan what could go into them.

We were promised rain. It hasn't happened. I think we will have to water the garden...

17 comments:

  1. That portaloo sounds grim!
    How is your finger doing? The cut sounded pretty bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a definite blot on the scentscape....
      The cut is healing well, thank you. It was very scary at the time. Thank heavens I don't take blood-thinners

      Delete
  2. Oh the fun of deciding what to plant in the pots and planters!!
    What a relief to have the smelly porta-potty cleaned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be able to smell the jasmine again, there are just a few flowers left.
      There's a scented philadelphus that is small enough for a tub called something or other pearl, I've a note somewhere. I'm very keen to have one of those.

      Delete
  3. I loathe portaloos. Especially at big events, where there's a queue, and the door won't fasten properly, and you have to remember to take your own wipes/tissues, and, and, and... I'm not sure i could cope with a weekend at Glastonbury!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was me,sorry, I went anon again

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't actually know how the workmen came out alive...

      Delete
  5. It rained here early this morning, no thunderstorms, just enough to wet the ground, no puddles. Have fun with your pots.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain overnight here too, just enough to remind us what rain is!

      Delete
  6. I have a Daphne in a big pot, and it seems very happy. I'm ordering Tulips now for the other pots. I buy from S.Raven, they are such good quality,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... all suggestions are very welcome! I will make a note of yours .

      Delete
  7. Whew! It's good the loo has been emptied. Thinking about flower planters is a pleasant task.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm trying to think how best to arrange furniture, pots etc taking into account the patio doors and kitchen window and steps... it's a bit soon really but I enjoy dreaming

    ReplyDelete
  9. We had lots of rain here (Derbyshire) yesterday with thunder and lightening, and more rain this morning, the lawn and raised bed look so much better for a good soaking. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rain forecast is nearly always 30% or 40%... which means 'probably not'! I'm glad you had plenty.

      Delete
  10. Does the pumping mean the end of construction is soon? Yes, a drop that high would definitely catch me off guard. Smart to put some plantsers as at least a visual barrier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excuse me while I indulge in a mild bout of hysterical laughter.... noooo. 5his phase will take another 2 weeks, then the original builders come back to do the floor (insulation, screed) followed by electrics, plumbing, plasterboard, plaster, flooring, decorating, kitchen fitting, AND THEN they rip out the old kitchen to create the downstairs shower-room.....
      When I list it out here, it seems A LOT!

      Delete