Thursday 1 November 2012

Thursday1st November 2012 - Kindness of friends

According to my sources of information, November is National Blog Promotion Month and also National Novel Writing Month.

http://boggyb.livejournal.com/320161.html

The first is a challenge is to post an entry to your blog every day for the month, and the second to get that novel that everyone is supposed to have inside them written inside a month. At least I don't have to try and grow a moustache for Movember as well. NO JOKES NEEDED AT THIS POINT, fellas.


http://uk.movember.com/?home

 
Today's post concerns the kindness of friends...
 
 
In the midst of our lives being turned upside down, friends have responded with gentle tact, lovingkindness, and cake. I am learning far more than I ever wanted to know about what happens when someone very near, and very dear to you has a stroke. It is early days yet, as this bolt from the blue struck just 2 days ago - just 2 days ago? is that all?
 
Family members, scattered across the country, have rallied with support, encouragement, information, such as inside knowledge that the hospital has an excellent reputation for their treatment of stroke patients.
 
We can count the blessings; it is half term, my husband had taken the week off, my brother was there when it happened and did the whole ambulance and tense journey to hospital bit. We have a couple of days of space before we are expected back at work, giving us time to come to terms with everything and make plans and arrangements for the weeks and months ahead.
 
Meanwhile, we shall eat the cake that appeared on our doorstep and be comforted.
 
 
In the circumstances, the novel will have to wait for another year... - I feel as though I am living inside a work of fiction at the moment, but that is wishful thinking. yesterday, we switched on the television to find ourselves in the middle of an episode of Casualty or Holby City or something - it's not a series that we have every watched. Couldn't get the channel changed quick enough, to something which would be far removed from our current weird version of reality.
 
I am clutching to the memories I have of various people I have known over the years who have had strokes. They are encouraging memories, as, for the most part, they have made astonishing recoveries which are like a beacon of light at the end of the tunnel.
 
I think I need a slice of that cake NOW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment