Thursday 7 November 2013

Thursday 7th November - Early to bed...

and early to rise

makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise.

Hrrmph. I'm not healthy or wealthy, so all that leaves is Wise. Which I therefore must be. Very.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Owl
The Little Owl, 1506, by Albrecht Dürer

I've been falling asleep on the settee since 7pm this evening. But, on the whole, that was a bit too early for an early night. So we toughed it out until 9pm, and then I remembered that I had forgotten to post anything for today.  

So that Durer Owl picture is all you are getting from me today.


Good night, sleep tight, don't let the bugs bite

(how do you stop them? apart from mosquitoes I've never had any experience of bugs that bite in the night? There's a "TOO MUCH INFORMATION" passage in "The L-shaped Room" by Lynne Reid Banks about how to catch bed bugs; you need a bar of soap which is slightly wet; you sweep back the covers and quickly capture the bugs by sticking them to the bar of soap... somehow that graphic description stuck in my mind when I read the book all those decades ago. By the way it is NOT a children's book like "The Indian in the Cupboard". You have been warned)

Time to go. Really. I'm going. Now. This minute. Any time right now. Yes yes yes alright. Gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment