Sunday 9 March 2014

Thursday 5th March - The Happiness

 

On Thursday afternoon, driving back home along a dull stretch of dual carriageway, I suddenly realised that I was completely happy.

This is not an unusual state for me - I am used to having these moments of feeling totally, entirely, for-no-particular-reason, happy. Warmer than contentment, calmer than joy. A a deep, deep feeling, like a well, like a pool, or a lake, of clear strong, refreshing water.



Maybe it was just because of the weather - sunshine and cherry blossom and daffodils and blue skies. But I have felt The Happiness in bad weather, on cold days, in crowded streets, at all sorts of seasons, in all kinds of places  in times gone by.

What is blog-worthy is that this feeling had been absent for so long that I had forgotten about it. I probably haven't felt The Happiness all year, so it is nice to get it back again.

Cherry tree
Cherry tree © Glysiak, Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported
http://www.nhm.ac.uk/nature-online/british-natural-history/urban-tree-survey/identify-trees/tree-factsheets/c-to-e/cherries/cherries-factsheet/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment