Saturday 8 November 2014

Saturday 8th November - Housework

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Great-Housewives-Art-Sally-Swain/dp/0586205306

If you haven't seen this book, add it to your Christmas List. Well, I enjoyed it!

I don't think I have done much housework since, maybe, the beginning of October.

That isn't to say it isn't getting done.

It's just that now my husband has retired, he has taken on the day-to-day running of the home; the laundry, grocery shopping, bins, hoovering, cooking, and most of the clearing up.

I feel like a stereo-typical fifties husband - I come home from work, the house is tidy, the kitchen cleared, supper all organised, laundry done...

By the time I have finished teaching and catching up on paperwork, everything is all organised.

He is even baking - we have had several weeks of flake-meal shortbread while he tweaks his recipe - and the perfect home-made ginger nut biscuit isn't far away now.

There are a few jobs that will probably stay forever mine - like dusting, and ironing. Meanwhile I am thoroughly enjoying it while it lasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment