Saturday 31 January 2015

Saturday 31st January - Goodbye, January!

I'm so glad to see the end of January. It has been a bit of a pigging month!

I've been under the weather, seedy, feeling grim, or actually unwell for the whole month. Now that February is about to happen, I'm hoping that everything will change, after the current (recurrent?) chest infection is finished. Meanwhile, I'm back in bed, with everything I need to keep me there for the day:


laptop, mobile phone, killer suduko, mp3 player, kindle, remote control for the radio, box of tissues, cat, and also mug of tea and mug of hot water to drink while BB is out for the morning. 

I HAVE to stay in bed, otherwise I would be tempted to do all sorts of things like lesson planning, dusting, clearing the dining room table, cleaning the bathroom. The sort of tasks that I happily ignore when I am well, but have an irresistible attraction when I am ill. Like thinking "now's a good time to do the ironing" when there is a power cut. Must be some kind of contrary-wise wiring in the brain.   

Still, the "better" I am at being ill, the quicker I will get well again. That's the theory, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment