Monday 9 November 2015

Monday 9th November 2015 - A full day with unexpected pleasures

Yes, I did manage to remember EVERYTHING!

Starting at 8:30 this morning, I taught six brand new piano beginners their first lessons today, and had remembered everything that I wanted/needed to take.

then

I rushed off to my harpsichord lesson. That was an intense hour, and have to say that my concentration collapsed toward the end. But, I did bring my music. And he did say that I was "beginning to develop the right style". I dawdled on my way back to the car, because I had the opportunity to watch the Christ's Hospital School marching in to lunch, while their band played. Quite a sight. I'd love to go back another time (when it isn't so chilly!)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christ%27s_Hospital_Band

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brUX1pkFeio

then

along the back lanes to the next school.  I took a fifteen minute break in the car, where I munched through my packed lunch (a ham sandwich, some cucumber sticks and some cherry tomatoes) at speed. While I chomped away, I took time out to notice the effect of the watery autumn sunshine on the village church tower, warming the colour of the stone, and turning the red berries on a nearby tree to an improbably fiery red. It was all so peaceful, quiet, gentle....

then

I taught a hectic djembe lesson to a class of lively young children.

then

I drove back into town for the final two classes; ukulele and choir - and, amazingly, I had packed all the right music and equipment.

then, I summoned the energy to wheel everything back to the car on my trusty sack trolley and load it all in.

I arrived home to find supper minutes away from being served - just as well. If I had been left to my own devices I might have just made a bowl of porridge, slurped it down and gone to bed!

However, food is tremendously reviving. Especially when you don't have to prepare, cook, serve and clear it up yourself.

Finally, I was called by one of the parents from this morning to say how much her child had enjoyed his first lesson. I don't think that has ever happened before.

No comments:

Post a Comment