Saturday 19 November 2016

Saturday 19th November 2016 - Early this morning

As in Very Early....

Woke up at 3 am (why? wish I knew).

After spending a little while trying to get back to sleep, I decided to wake up properly. There was a odd brightness to the light coming through the gaps in the curtains, not entirely due to the neighbours ridiculously bright security light that comes on at random times of the day or night.

I peered out of the window - SNOW! When I put my glasses on to inspect the scene outside properly, it turned out to be a wondrous white frost, so that the grass and the shed roof, and the remaining leaves on the big oak tree were all a shimmering silver.

Still very beautiful.



And I was still awake. I finished my book, dozed, the alarm went off, and the real day began.

It is half past eight in the evening now and I am more than ready for bed after such an early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment