Thursday 10 November 2016

Thursday 10th November - Viola Lesson

Today a colleague came and gave me a quick viola lesson.

I actually prefer playing it to a violin, even though this one is too big for me. She took a couple of pictures to help me when (If) I practise.

Apparently this is a good wrist position:


And this is me "accessing my back muscles" to support the viola on my shoulder.



I have to say it Really, Really makes my arm and shoulder ache, but I think that is more to do with having a lurgy, and lugging heavy bags, and knocking into a door frame the other day than to do with playing the viola.  

This is the same colleague (and one of my very many line managers) who just about collapsed with laughter that time she came across me demonstrating how (very difficult it is) to play a trumpet to my horrified and awestruck early years class a few years back.

No comments:

Post a Comment