Thursday 12 January 2023

Thursday 12th January - The socks are done

 



It has taken me pretty much a whole year, but I have completed my first 'real' pair of hand knit socks using proper fine sock yarn and thin needles.

They won't bear close inspection but I'm not going to picky. After all, both socks have been ripped out and reknitted, either partially or completely several times. They contain the knitting effort of three pairs of socks.

Am I going to knit any more? Yes, but not this pattern. I started these ones at the cuff; 'cuff down'. Now to try a 'toe-up' pattern and see if I can get them right first time!

Worth the effort? On balance, I think so.






2 comments:

  1. I love hand-knitted socks done in self striping wool. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Self stripy wool hides a multitude of mistakes!

    ReplyDelete