Tuesday 30 May 2023

Tuesday 30th May - Water...

I've been trying to drink more for a while now. I know some 'experts' recommend drinking what seem to me to be huge amounts of water every day, but around 2 litres per day, including soup, coffee, tea, is what I'm aiming for in a fairly relaxed way.

Before I started on this I knew I hadn't been drinking enough; half a glass when I took my pills, a glass with lunch, another at supper... No, definitely not enough.

Drinking more has been quite easy to achieve; a whole 250ml glass three times a day for pills, water with every meal, and I'm at 1.5l already. A couple of mugs of tea or a smoothie during the day and I'm there.

I have just gone out to refill my glass. We're watching 'Britain's Got Talent' and and there's a man threatening to insert all kinds of ironmongery into his nose or mouth and I really don't want to watch, so it's a perfect moment to leave the room.

Phew. He's gone, and been replaced with the most wonderful male voice choir. Much better.

4 comments:

  1. My husband really struggles with drinking water. I tend to drink an entire 750ml flask of water the moment I get on my train every morning as I am so thirsty after my cycle and, if I remember to fill it, 750ml on the way home, so if I do that, I am doing ok. Must try to do more consciously during the day though! Well done on you for consciously drinking more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has made a difference to dry skin, breathlessness, sleeping better and other things.

      Delete
  2. I struggle with drinking water too. I'm encouraged by the most recent studies which suggest that "2 litres of WATER daily" is OTT, and other fluids count (like your tea and soup) our daughter gave us a sodastream for xmas 2021, and since then we often have sparkling water with meals. As a teacher, I found the whole "unrestricted access to water bottles" thing very intrusive. The littl'uns lost bottles, dropped bottles, forgot bottles, spilled water... And sometimes used the "urgent need tor a drink" as an excuse not to get work done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Water bottles in class were the bane of my existence. Some children became tearful, convinced that they would become dehydrated if they didn't drink at least once every few minutes. Hopeless in music lessons.

      Delete