Sunday 27 August 2023

Sunday 27th August - singing your prayers

 I always remember things better if they are set to a tune.


Recently I bought a copy of Angela Ashwin's 'Book of a 1000 Prayers' on Kindle. I'm reading through the Morning Prayers in sequence every morning and taking a phrase to remember through the day.

It's a bit late in the say now to share a morning payer, so here's one from the evening section. The tune is callIed Tallis' Canon.


Glory to thee, my God, this night 


For all the blessings of the light;


 Keep me, O keep me, King of kings, 


Beneath thine own almighty wings. 




Forgive me, Lord, for thy dear Son, 


The ill that I this day have done, 


That with the world, myself, and thee, 


I, ere I sleep, at peace may be. 


Thomas Ken (1637 – 1711)

4 comments:

  1. I like this tune. I used to use this tune to sing one of the hymns in my lectionary prayer book.

    ReplyDelete