Saturday 16 September 2023

Saturday 16th September - hello Summer!

I'm back! Not that I've really been away; we spent most of Thursday morning driving to London; the traffic was something else. We had allowed plenty of time, but 3 hours was ridiculous. I baled out of the car at a red traffic light just past the hospital (our intended destination) and had enough time to make my way to the lung function testing unit. 

The tests went smoothly, and once again the results were roughly the same as last time.  It's clear that my lung function is very slowly decreasing as the years go by, which is only to be expected. I'm grateful that this disease is progressing so very slowly at the moment,  and that unlike many auto-immune diseases it does not seem to cause me any physical pain.

We had a lovely lunch sitting at an outside table in the hot afternoon sun.

I was fascinated by this little tiny white house, squashed in between a Thai restaurant and a shop, painted black all over, selling sequins and beads and glittery stuff for expensive couture dresses. I was trying to imagine how it would be arranged inside. 

While I was watching a man came out with his bicycle; how on earth did he get past it in that narrow hall?



Afterwards we came home, taking a mere hour and a half! We put the parasol up and sat in the garden enjoying the peace and quiet.


We both spent yesterday recovering, no, I spent the day recovering; Best Beloved went supermarket shopping for my father. 

Today has been quiet; BB has just about mended the kitchen drawer, and I have charted and begun to stitch the September cross stitch collaboration. It's always a great relief to me when I finally make the plunge. I had a sudden crisis when a tempting design crossed my screen, but sense prevailed and I've stuck with plan A!

No comments:

Post a Comment