Sunday 10 September 2023

Saturday 9th September

 Possibly the hottest day of the year so far? I didn't blog as I was too hot to even think (it's now Sunday morning). So hot I couldn't even remember if I had even done anything all day.

In fact I'd done quite a bit of this, that and the other;

Sorting colours for this month's cross country collaboration cross stitch thing

Knit the first two rounds of the heel of the first of the current pair of sock for the second time (are you still with me?). I thought of a 'clever hack' to keep things simple on the decreases. Unfortunately,  when I was ready to finish off the heel I discovered that my 'clever hack' resulted in the end of the heel had slowly spiralled round to be at right angles to where it needed to be. Deep sigh, rip it back, pick up the stitches and find the will to carry on.

Finish sewing them hem of my father's trousers

Cook ra 1violi in the air fryer for supper! I've seen a recipe for fresh ravioli (from the supermarket) dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and cooked in the air fryer, but this one skipped the egg and breadcrumbs. This was surprisingly easy and surprisingly good. I used ravioli filled with spinach and ricotta. Carefully separate them, brush lightly with oil, fry for 8 mins at 190°C in a single layer, turning halfway through. 

We had si mple dips; mayo and lemon juice, mayo and chilli sauce, and the remaining salads from a few days ago. Even though doing it in batches was a bit of a fuss, I'm still putting this on the menu. 

Going out slugging was a pleasure; I hadn't realised how hot it was inside the house and how blissfully cool it was outside. We only found four. 

2 comments:

  1. I cannot knit when my hands are hot and sweaty! But I did enjoy the Last Night of the Proms

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By evening before we went outside I was too hot to watch or listen to anything!

      Delete