Thursday 28 March 2024

Thursday 28th March

 True love is being prepared to walk into town tomorrow morning and buy some hot cross buns for me... they weren't on the shopping list this morning and Himself hadn't realised how much I like them. They will be the first of the year for me, if he can get them. I do like to wait until Good Friday. But, only real hot cross buns, please, no chocolate or cranberries or cheese or marmite, please!

He's also picking up a 'click and collect' order from the COOK frozen food shop. Organising a family get-together over Easter is entirely weather dependent, and it's quite difficult to make plans. I've ordered a suitable lamb recipe, two two-portion trays and one si gle-portion tray. They can sit in the freezer, and we can serve 2 people (just us), 3 people (us and my father), 4 people (us and the children) or all 5 of us. 

Now we watch the weather... Sunday might be possible, depending on church arrangements for the offspring, and the weather looks okay-ish. Otherwise we can celebrate together a week later - would that for with the Greek Orthodox Easter dates? If you can't succeed, try, try, and try again!

CROSS STITCH 

Progress! I have completed half the design! That has made me feel SO happy! Even pulling on the wrong loose end of the skein and causing a cat's cradle of thread couldn't dim my smile!

KNITTING 

The first sock is complete, with it's rather unconventional triangular heel. This must be the third pair I have made using this type of heel, and I find it works well enough.


You do end up with these scary holes on either side at the start of the heel, but in the explanatory video, Carlos, or is it Arne? answers a query in the comments by saying, rather nonchalantly that 'you just sew it up with the yarn tail'.


So that's what I do...


There - all fixed! Just the heel on the other sock left. I wanted to finish them before April if possible, just to get a move on with the next UFO.




4 comments:

  1. Very pretty colours in your socks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they! A friend picked up the yarn in Lidl when it was the 'special.'

      Delete
  2. Oh how agree about only "real" hot cross buns! I shall be having my first of the year in an hour or two when they come out of my counsin's oven. What a treat!

    ReplyDelete