Friday 5 April 2024

Friday 5th April - My Oxygenated Life

 I've spent a whole week - nearly- using oxygen concentrators all say.

It's taken some getting used to. I think the hardest part, unexpectedly  maybe, is the constant chuntering noise. Ah, the peace when the machines are switched off for a few minutes! But it is well worth using the concentrators for the difference it makes in how I feel, physically and mentally. 

I'm looking forward to a visit sometime from the Home Oxygen Assessment team, and hoping they will provide a downstairs concentrator for daytime as well as the one upstairs.  Firstly,  because they are quieter than our portable ones, and secondly because they help with the electricity bill!

Our next door neighbours, who are about 90 years old now, had a stair lift installed several years ago. We asked them about theirs, as we are now actively looking at getting one put in here. They kindly asked us in to have a look, which was very helpful as their house is the mirror image of ours. It looks very good, just what we need and I even had a little ride up to the top and back!

While I was upstairs I also had the chance to look at the walk-in shower which replaces the bath which became too difficult for them to use.

What with one thing and another, we have decided to stay here, rather than moving, and will make the adjustments to make this house work. 

Decluttering is still going to happen!

2 comments:

  1. Kirsten, would you contact me sometime re changes to your house, please? I cant find a contact address for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will do. If I comment on your blog with my email, but you don't publish it, that should work!

      Delete