Saturday 6 April 2024

Saturday 6th April

 And then there were two and a bit;


I've already forgotten which iscthe prototype and which is the 'real' first sock, but luckily I have another photograph of them in the right order;
 

Prototype on the left, real sock on the right.

Although there have been interruptions to mini sock knitting. 

This morning we achieved a meetup with my father and our children at the cafe halfway between them and us.



We all had second breakfasts and tea or coffee or fruit juice, and exchanged Easter presents. Although it was cloudy it wasn't too cold, and we had a lovely hour together, getting my father back must in time for lunch.

In the afternoon Himself mowed the lawn grass moss, a heavy job as it was the first cut. I came out and sowed peas 'Ambassador) into one of the tubs, radish into another, and a dozen Tom Thumb lettuces into individual little pots. These is some activity going on in the cold frame at last; two (out of twelve) lettuces are just showing, and ten (out of eighteen) broad beans have appeared. Of the Kelvedon Wonder peas there is no sign - yet. I'll be hopeful for a little while longer. 

This is Ang's cross stitch, isn't it clever! But I'm very glad she filled in the clues herself and didn't leave that to me!


Here is the whole piece;


I shall start going round all the pictures in a sort of middlish dark/medium green backstitch. It will make a good change from too much knitting. 



2 comments: